For D&K, being “green” isn’t just talk, it’s a commitment. From our sustainable practices to our environmental certifications, green is more than just an ink color.
We’ve made a conscientious effort to consider our environment in everything we do. We hope you’ll join us in committing to doing what’s best for our planet.
- In 2016, we diverted over 93% of our waste (522,299 pounds) from the landfill by composting and recycling.
- We are PACE Zero Waste Certified.
- For more than two decades, we have used soy-based inks and recycled those inks to keep them out of groundwater.
- Our printing plates are recycled to keep metals out of the landfill.
- Recycled papers have improved greatly over the past decades. A broad range of post-consumer and tree-free papers are now available. We can share our expertist in printing on these papers and help you select a paper that is appropriate for your projects.
- We recycle the paper trimmed from finished projects and the cardboard from shipping cartons.
- The chemicals used in our plate processors and developers are recycled, too.
- We can help you find the most efficient formats for your design to minimize waste.